Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A great THF testimonial

Elizabeth Reinhard


City and State: Nephi, Utah

Consultants Name at Total Health & Fitness: Daniel Olsen

I have struggled with weight loss for 25 years. Every time I lost weight, I would gain it back and then some. I had an especially difficult time after each of my six children were born. With every one, I would gain more weight. I became very depressed about the whole thing, and that only added more pounds on as I turned to food for consolation. I had a very unhealthy relationship with food. I basically used it as an addictive substance. I ate to ease the pain and thus continued to inflict more pain and suffering on myself because of my bad habits. But I desperately wanted to change! I had a brand new baby boy that would need his old mom to be healthy and able to keep up with his youthful exuberance. I wanted to be there for him, and most of all, I wanted to have the energy to enjoy being a mother.

I did not think I could do the Total Health and Fitness Program because I thought I would fail once again. I thought I would not like having someone to report to, because I would want to rebel against whatever the consultant asked me to do. I didn't really believe that it would work for me. I wondered if it was safe to try to lose weight while nursing a baby. I did not think that they had correct information as to what foods are good for you. I really dreaded the thought of having to count calories! I cringed at the idea of sharing with anyone my weight and measurements.

My consultant, Daniel Olsen, put all my concerns to rest. He told me that I was the type of person who had an incredibly strong will and that I could succeed! I found I really had no inclination to rebel against this very kind and sensitive soul who was willing to help me fulfill a goal that had always been impossible to reach. I was very impressed with the extent of his knowledge concerning how our bodies work. I was amazed at the amount of time and effort he put into planning my program for me. I was relieved to learn that I would not have to be counting out the calories. Even though it was initially uncomfortable about sharing information concerning everything but my shoe size, I found him to be very professional. I knew he was "safe" and that I could trust him.

I like how the Total Health and Fitness Program works. It has taken a while for my body to grow accustomed to eating so differently. I had been especially concerned with how the change would affect my ability to produce enough milk for my nursing baby. I really like how Daniel has helped me through by adjusting my program to fit our needs. He figures out exactly what my body requires and makes changes gradually so that I can experience the best results with the least stress. I like how he listens to my concerns and encourages me contact him if I ever have any questions or difficulties. I love the feeling I get from eating good foods and getting proper exercise. (I also love that I get a" free" meal!) It has been very helpful to go to the THF website to learn how to do the exercises properly and print off information about my program. I am thankful that I don't need to go in every week to see him in person, and that we can communicate over the phone and through emails. I know that the knowledge Daniel has shared with me is one of the main keys to my success.

I have lost nearly 30 lbs total weight, and from what my consultant tells me, I have lost even more in pounds of pure fat. (Since I used to have such a love affair with butter, I like to put that weight loss into perspective by telling people how many cubes of butter have lost! = ) I am lighter and stronger and able to move more freely and do things I thought I could never do. My clothes fit better, and some I have even permanently removed from my wardrobe! I look forward to being able to reach my goal to be an active and healthy mother. I know it is within my reach!

Perhaps the most amazing thing about this whole experience is that Daniel Olsen has given me HOPE through the THF Program. You can not put a price tag on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment